Sunday, March 2, 2008

Frugalreader.com

I have a tendency to buy books a lot instead of borrowing them, because well, the library's in a yucky part of town, haha. And i'm a chronic re-reader, so i usually get my money's worth. However, there's many books that i'll read once, or start but not finish because i didn't care for it... and people know i love to read, so they tend to pile their unwanted books on me as well, haha.
So what to do with all those books? Frugalreader.com! You enter in the ISBN numbers of the books you're willing to part with. When people want your book, you'll get a "request to ship". You ship the book out to them, and when they receive it you get credits. These credits are used to get books from others. I believe that paperbacks are 1 credit and hardcovers are 2. You also get bonus credits for swapping popular books. I signed up this past week and entered 10 or 11 books. By the next morning, i had 3 requests to ship! I have also requested a book myself, and it has been shipped. They also have a referral program, and if you refer other people to the site you get a free credit as well. If you have friends on frugalreader, definitely refer to them. If you don't, feel free to put me down, my s/n is heathermary. :) You can also purchase credits, i believe for like $2 or something, so still a lot cheaper than buying books at the store! :)

No comments: